Views: 60 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-08-11 Origin: Site
Like deodorant stick manufacturers, HDPE material is often used to make empty deodorant bottles. Of course, HDPE material can also be used to make many custom plastic containers, which the market welcomes. Today, I will give you a popular science about the advantages and disadvantages of HDPE materials.
What material is HDPE?
HDPE is an opaque white wax-like material lighter than water and has a density between 0.941 and 0.960. It is soft and tough but slightly harder than LDPE and slightly stretchable, non-toxic and tasteless. It is the product of polymerization under low pressure under the catalysis of the Ziegler catalyst, so high-density polyethylene is also called low-pressure polyethylene.
HDPE materials are also graded, and their unique properties are a combination of four basic variables: additive, density, molecular weight, and molecular weight distribution. Different catalysts are used to produce custom polymers with special properties. These variables combine to produce HDPE grades for different applications, achieving the best balance of properties.
Advantages of HDPE
1. HDPE has excellent resistance to most living and industrial chemicals and can resist the corrosion and dissolution of strong oxidants, acid-base salts and organic solvents.
2. HDPE is not hygroscopic and has good waterproof and vapor properties, and can be used for moisture-proof and seepage-proof packaging.
3. HDPE has good electrical properties, especially high insulation dielectric strength, making it suitable for wires and cables. The high molecular weight HDPE material has excellent impact resistance and is not easy to break the product.
4. HDPE has good processability and heat sealability.
5. HDPE has a high degree of paper likeness, stiffness and openness, and its hardness is 4 to 5 times that of LDPE film. Its surface hardness, tensile strength, rigidity and other mechanical strengths are close to PP and tougher than PP.
6. HDPE is non-toxic and odorless and can also be used for packaging materials such as food, clothing, knitwear, etc. It is economical and applicable, and the price is low.
Disadvantages of HDPE
1. Its aging resistance and environmental stress cracking are not as good as LDPE, especially thermal oxidation will reduce its performance. Therefore, when high-density polyethylene is made into plastic coils, antioxidants and ultraviolet absorbers are added to improve its deficiencies.
2. HDPE has low transparency and poor barrier properties to oxygen and other gases.
3. Difficult to print. When printing, surface discharge treatment is required, no electroplating, and the surface is dull.
In fact, HDPE was introduced in 1956, but due to technical limitations, the material has not yet reached a mature level. In recent years, with the development of plastic blow molding, injection molding and other technologies, HDPE is also constantly developing its new uses and markets. In the manufacture of containers by deodorant packaging suppliers, HDPE is widely used. If you need, contact MGG group directly.